What Is an Orthodontist?
An orthodontist possesses the know-how to determine if malocclusion is dental (teeth) or skeletal (jaws) and, if necessary, can move your teeth into shape with braces and correct jaw and facial growth with dentofacial orthopedics. This can prevent the need for corrective surgery in the future and give you the beautiful smile you deserve.
With so many choices including Invisalign, clear braces and metal braces, you’ll need an orthodontist to steer you toward what will give you the best possible results.
Orthodontics is an art and science and it requires an experienced professional to uncover why your malocclusion exists and exactly how to treat it. At DentiStar Orthodontics, we take a patient-centric approach and we’ll educate you every step of the way so you can reach informed, confident decisions about your care.
Benefits of Straight Teeth
Virtually everyone wants a straight smile. The benefits of straight teeth aren’t merely cosmetic—there are also several health reasons to consider orthodontics.
- Boost of Confidence: If your teeth are straight, you’ll likely be more willing to smile. This can greatly change how people perceive you and how you perceive yourself.
- Fewer Dental Problems: Straight teeth are much easier to clean than crooked teeth. Straightening your teeth with Invisalign can greatly reduce your risk of gum disease and tooth decay.
- Reduced Chance of TMJ: Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders often develop as a result of a misaligned bite. Straightening your bite with Six Month Smiles or Invisalign can help ensure that your jaw stays healthy.
For more information about orthodontics at DentiStar, feel free to call our Glenview dental office at (224) 938-9417.
We’re proud to offer a number of cosmetic and restorative dentistry options, including orthodontics, dental veneers, and dental implants. Visit our website to discover our other services.
Age is nothing but a number!
Orthodontics has become very popular among grown-ups. A misaligned bite can cause headaches, the decline in oral hygiene, and TMJ issues among other things. Orthodontic treatment can be the key to not only enhancing your appearance, but improving your quality of life too !
Orthodontic Treatment Options
We offer both metal braces and Invisalign options for our adult patients. Book your consultation today to discuss your treatment and we will create a customized path to achieve your desired smile.
Types of Malocclusion
Modern orthodontics has progressed to the point where almost any kind of malocclusion can be repaired. Here are just a few types of malocclusions we can address at DentiStar.
- Crowding: Crowding occurs when the teeth grow too close together, causing them to become misaligned. Crowding can make it very difficult to brush and floss effectively, increasing one’s chances of gum disease and cavities.
- Gaps: Gaps are also very common among adults. Many people are embarrassed by their tooth gaps and hide their teeth as a result. Orthodontic treatments can quickly close gaps in teeth.
- Misaligned Bite: An overbite is when the lower jaw is too far behind the upper jaw, and an underbite is when the lower jaw is too far forward. A crossbite is when the upper teeth fit onto the wrong side of the lower teeth.