Orthodontics in Glenview
Are you ashamed to show your smile in public? If so, you should know that you don’t have to resign yourself to a crooked smile for the rest of your life. Contrary to popular thought, orthodontics aren’t just for kids—every year, thousands of adults straighten their teeth with Six Month Smiles and Invisalign, both of which are quick, discreet, and painless. If you’d like to learn about how you can get your teeth straightened, make an appointment at DentiStar of Glenview. We have the skill and experience necessary to straighten your teeth no matter how crooked they may be.
Types of Malocclusion
Modern orthodontics has progressed to the point where almost any kind of malocclusion can be repaired. Here are just a few types of malocclusions we can address at DentiStar.
- Crowding: Crowding occurs when the teeth grow too close together, causing them to become misaligned. Crowding can make it very difficult to brush and floss effectively, increasing one’s chances of gum disease and cavities.
- Gaps: Gaps are also very common among adults. Many people are embarrassed by their tooth gaps, and hide their teeth as a result. Invisalign or Six Month Smiles can quickly close gaps in teeth.
- Misaligned Bite: An overbite is when the lower jaw is too far behind the upper jaw, and an underbite is when the lower jaw is too far forward. A crossbite is when the upper teeth fit onto the wrong side of the lower teeth.
Benefits of Straight Teeth
Virtually everyone wants a straight smile. The benefits of straight teeth aren’t merely cosmetic—there are also several health reasons to consider orthodontics.
- Boost of Confidence: If your teeth are straight, you’ll likely be more willing to smile. This can greatly change how people perceive you and how you perceive yourself.
- Fewer Dental Problems: Straight teeth are much easier to clean than crooked teeth. Straightening your teeth with Invisalign can greatly reduce your risk of gum disease and tooth decay.
- Reduced Chance of TMJ: Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders often develop as a result of a misaligned bite. Straightening your bite with Six Month Smiles or Invisalign can help ensure that your jaw stays healthy.
For more information about orthodontics at DentiStar, feel free to call our Glenview dental office at (224) 938-9417. We’re proud to offer a number of cosmetic and restorative dentistry options, including orthodontics, dental veneers, and dental implants. Visit our website to discover our other services.