Dental Implants in Glenview
Unfortunately, permanent teeth do not grow back after being knocked out or removed. Still, if you lose a tooth, it doesn’t mean you have live with an incomplete smile for the rest of your life. There are several dental restoration procedures you might consider, including dental implants. Installing a dental implant is a permanent solution to tooth loss, and is considered the gold standard in tooth replacement. Dr. Sam Shin of DentiStar can install a dental implant that looks and feels like your natural teeth. Contact our Glenview dental office to set up an initial consultation.
Risks of Missing Teeth
If you lose a tooth in an inconspicuous part of your mouth, you might be tempted to forgo getting a dental implant. However, you should know that there are several health problems associated with missing teeth that a dental implant can help remedy.
- Jawbone Deterioration: Your teeth need your jawbone for support, and your jawbone needs your teeth to maintain its structural integrity. If you have a gap in your teeth, the jawbone beneath the gap will eventually deteriorate.
- Shifting Teeth: Over time, adjacent teeth will shift into the space left by your missing tooth. This can lead to serious malocclusion and jaw misalignment over time.
- Eating Difficulty: Fewer teeth can make it much harder to eat, especially when it comes to hard, sticky, or crunchy foods. Also, the inability to chew properly can negatively affect digestion.
Benefits of Dental Implants
A dental implant is easily the most effective dental restoration option there is. Here are just a few of the benefits of dental implants.
- Easy Maintenance: You’ll never have to take your dental implant out to clean it. Instead, you can simply brush and floss your dental implant as you would your natural teeth.
- Ultimate Comfort: Once your dental implant becomes fused to your jawbone, it will feel almost exactly like your natural teeth. A partial denture, on the other hand, may always feel slightly odd.
- Permanent Solution: Dental implants are designed to provide a permanent solution to tooth loss. Implants are also impervious to decay. If you take good care of your implant, it should last for the rest of your life.
DentiStar is proud to provide Glenview residents with high-quality dental implants. If you have a missing tooth and are in the process of weighing your dental restoration options, call our Glenview office at (224) 938-9417 (224) 938-9417 . Dr. Sam Shin will gladly help restore your smile and give you a boost of confidence.